ADS 810s insulation

I purchased a pair of ADS 810s about 2 years ago. They had non original tweeters installed but I got the defective original tweets in the deal. The speakers actually sounded pretty good as is. I sent the tweets to Richards So in May of 2016 for a full rebuild. I finally installed them yesterday. I have Magnepan MGIIIas so I was in no hurry. The tweets sound fine but I think the bass is too boomy almost like it is all one note. I also have 780s and the bass is better in those. The PO had taken out the original insulation out of the 810s and installed that egg crate mattress pad foam. I think that may be the issue.
Does anyone know what the original insulation was and is there a supply for this or an equal or an upgrade?

BTW this pair has a 1974 build date when the tweets and mids were still stamped "Braun" although the grills say ADS. I couldn't read the woofs.
skeepowder
Sorry I can't help you with the specific insulation question but I owned both the 810 and 520 at the same time for a number of years and also found the 810 too boomy sounding no matter how much I tried with different placements and even different amps over the years. I think its just the nature of the beast since mine were completely original. Kept the 520 and still have it. In that line/vintage, the 710 is probably the best of the bunch. Good luck.
Agree with above statement from Kalali, Ive owned a ton of ADS speakers and the 810's have a reputation for being boomy. I know of some owners of 810's that have had good results by placing them horizontally. I also agree that the 710's are a better balanced speaker however, if you can find a pair of the uber rare l9e they are the best bookshelf ADS (a/d/s/) ever made imho.