additional processing and customs charges on goldring 1006 or nagaoka mp150

Im considering purchasing the goldring 1006 or nagaoka mp150 on ebay.  Both indicate additional international processing and custom charges.  Does anyone know about  what this additional cost maybe?  Also any thoughts on both of these cartridges.  Looking to purchase for my pioneer plx1000.  My understanding is that the ortofon 2m blue is nice option as well but on my table could be a real pain to mount.

Appreciate your thoughts.
salc

Showing 4 responses by roberjerman

I have bought stuff from Japan, China, Canada, Britain, Germany, Lithuania, Argentina, India ... without ANY custom charges! Regarding your TT: I too have a recently acquired Pioneer PLX1000. I use a Denon 103R mc cartridge on it. Way better than any MM cartridge! The PLX/Denon is competitive with multi-kilobuck gear!
@chakster                                                        My cartridge of choice for many years was a Fidelity Research FR1-mk3F (line-contact stylus, aluminum cantilever, silver coils). Used in a Lustre GST-1 arm mounted on an Ariston RD11S TT with a Hiraoka mat. Tonearm cable was Verion Traxial and SUT was a Verion P. So I know what GOOD sound is!
@chakster                                                          I own quite a few MM and MI cartridges. Empire, Stanton, ADC, Grado, B&O ... The best being the NOS Shure V15 mkV.          And I have over a dozen vintage TT's: Empire, RekoKut, Lenco, Garrard, Thorens, B&O, Linn Sondek, Technics 1200, Denon, Rabco, Marantz Linear, Sony, Yamaha, Revox, VPI, AR ...                  The Pioneer PLX1000 was a recent acquisition along with the Denon 103R.    
@chakster                                                        I also have over a dozen MC cartridges on hand: Denons, Coral, Sony, Supex, Dynavector ...