additional processing and customs charges on goldring 1006 or nagaoka mp150

Im considering purchasing the goldring 1006 or nagaoka mp150 on ebay.  Both indicate additional international processing and custom charges.  Does anyone know about  what this additional cost maybe?  Also any thoughts on both of these cartridges.  Looking to purchase for my pioneer plx1000.  My understanding is that the ortofon 2m blue is nice option as well but on my table could be a real pain to mount.

Appreciate your thoughts.
salc

Showing 1 response by cytocycle

Buy the Pioneer turntable local at a guitar center or other music store because of the loose bearing issues with the arm so you can return it easily.
As other people have said whoever is telling you any cart is hard to install on a DJ turntable is an idiot.  with a removable headshell and overhang gauge that the table comes with you can take your time and easily setup the cart.
Plus vendors like needledoctor and others sell the Ortofon 2m Blue with the SH-4 headshell already mounted.  
later if you want to really improve the table get a KAB silicon tonearm damper.  Amazing improvement in tightening up the bass and dealing with arm resonances.  Several vendors sell the nagaoka mp150 mounted to a headshell pre-wired also.  I was considering that same cart for Technics SL1200G i am looking at.