Adding a Rotel RMB-1075

I have a Rotel RSX-1057 5.1 Surround Sound A-V Receiver used primarily for music and less for HT. I now have a Marantz SACD player and am absolutely loving this new format in multi-channel 5.1. Fabulous. Am building my collection of SACDs now. The RSX-1057 is conservatively rated at 75 watts/ch x 5 in to 8 ohms at 20hz-20khz all channels driven. My two main speakes are the B&W DM603-S3 with the full complement of B&W center channel, surrounds, and two powered sub-woofers. Sound is out of this world. I'm thinking of my next upgrade and am considering adding the Rotel RMB-1075 multi-channel 5.1 amp at 120 watts/ch in to 8 ohms all channels driven and use the RSX-1057 just as a surround sound processor. What would I get out of this addition? Would I get more out of my mains and center channel because they're now being driven by more raw power? Would I realize more of the potential out of my B&W speakers? WOuld I really hear a considerable difference going from 75 watts/ch to 120? More slam and punch, more detail, more information, greater soundstage? Thanks all.
pdn

Showing 2 responses by mykesinger

how about using your current unit as a pre-amp and adding a large 5 channel amp / mono blocks ?

you can never have too much clean power on hand - it adds a certain amount of ease and authority to the music. what blows a speaker driver is when it receives a 'clipped signal' from a amp (amp does not have the current to produce the signal cleanly)

btw, b&w's match beautifully with classe amp's.
if you dont mind buying used - the multichannel classe cav150 should do the trick and are a absolute bargain on the used market.