Adding a Dac and Stresmer

Looking for some advice and need you guys to check my thinking…
I have a PrimaLuna Preamp and Amplifier…..need a Dac and streamer….Being I have a preamp to my thinking I don’t need a Dac that has a preamp and volume, am I thinking right? The speakers are Klipsch Heritage so I think I should get a mellow sounding Dac, maybe a Denifrips Pontus with the Auralic Aries G1.1…..would be happy with a $5000 budget…

silverfoxvtx1800

I really like my Hifi Rose 150b. Streaming Qobuz the sound is very good. Check out the reviews.

In your budget a combo streamer/DAC has some great choices. 5k will land you well.

Consider amongst many..

Lumin new or used

Brooklyn bridge

PS DirectStream DAC used

HiFi rose touted up above

Buy good Ethernet cables and hold off on learning about signal in optimization.

Aurender streamers/DAC are excellent but will not work with Roon You may find you go that route too. Many do. Qobuz has a free thirty day trail.. others too

I have just bought an Aurender streamer ( not yet received) to replace an Auralic Aries, not because of SQ issues but mainly because I am sick of the substandard Auralic control app. From what I have read the Aurender app is considered as good as or even better than Roon by some users. I guess I will find out soon. While this seems irrelevant to the post I am just suggesting that if you are into classical music and want to compile a comprehensive favourites library on your streaming service then be aware that many apps just don't cut it as far as cataloguing and searching are concerned.