ADD-Powr by Coherence Systems --- Power Conditioning Products

Recent research into power conditioning approaches and products brought ADD-Powr to my attention. This company, and it’s products, were previously unknown to me.

The company, Coherence Systems, is based in Santa Monica, CA. and has been in business for some time.

An introduction and general overview can be found within their ’About Us’ page: https://add-powr.com/about

Nordost (in 2008) purchased the QRT technology that these folks developed.

Bill Stierhout is the proprietor / owner and the brains behind the ADD-Powr product line.
david_ten
From @scrootable_labs :

"For my part, I was able to discern and manage a range of clearly perceivable harmonic effects (subjectively positive and less-positive ones) by following its general specifications- which involves shifting its position around as needed.   Some of the effects were desirable, and repeatable (though I can't replicate them with any other form of DSP or analog processing in our studio.) and some were unnecessary for my application.

In its current position, the Sorcer has a beneficial effect on the the way the stereo image resolves from end to end and front to back. It provides an additional sense coherence in tracking individual elements within a given mix- really understanding the color of a given attack or the profile and tail within an ambient space, for example. it's been useful in dialing in the monitoring for our space and tends to expose minute issues, say, with speaker placement and it's very helpful when assessing phase relationships and spatial positioning within a mix.  

Currently, the sonic profile is harmonically similar with the unit on or off- less of a difference than, say, switching between one desirable A/D converter and another (or even one after-market IEC cable and another.)  Having found a more optimal position and cabling config for the device, it becomes somewhat academic to then run extensive harmonic analysis to assess effects that aren't impeding our workflow, but I don't mind Nugenizing some tone and sharing some data visualization for folks to study.  I'll be replicating our study in a more minimal setup based around a Maselec console with wireworld interconnects & will add additional info as that process comes together as well."
I have spent more time testing the ADD-Powr Sorcer X4 and have found the following:

The unit responds to isolation, power cord changes and positioning within my system. For those interested in the Sorcer I encourage you to experiment and decide what works best for you.

I'll be posting a short complete review in the near future.
@ozzy  I haven't posted your findings since you are active on the forum. Feel free to post your detailed experience with your Sorcer.
David
After your initial thread crashed and burned I believe Ozzy created his own thread on this subject over in tech talk I think.
Kevin, I have the new SR Galileo PowerCell SX in for evaluation. It will be interesting comparing it on it's own versus paired with the Sorcer X4.