Add an XPS-DR to Naim 272 or ...?

Will soon be auditioning a Naim XPS-DR power supply with my Naim 272 to see if it improves the sound staging and imaging.  At this point, lets assume that it does.  I like the 272 and have heard it in another system  with the XPS.   If I go that direction, I'll have roughly $12,500 (at retail) in a combined preamp, streamer and DAC is pretty cost effective given the expected quality.  On the other hand,  its still a lot of money, enough to get me a long way towards a more expensive preamp along with separate DAC  and streamer.  The rest of the system consists of Clayton M300's, Dynaudio C2's, Clearaudio Ovation TT, Dynavector XX-2 Mk 2 cartridge and mixed cabling, power cords etc.  Currently have an Octave Eq.5 phono stage but will probably end up with a Simaudio 610lp.

My current feeling, assuming that the audition goes as expected, is that the 272/XPS is a very good solution and perhaps the optimum bang for the buck.  I won't do it unless I think it will satisfy for five years or more. And its a two box solution in a house where space matters.  While I'm willing to trust my ears here, I'm wondering if there is something wrong with the strategy.   I'm not looking for specific equipment recommendations.  I'm wondering about  factors I  haven't I considered   that might lead me to consider  separate components.  I know this is a little vague, but any thoughts?  

I'd also be interested in thoughts of strengths or weaknesses to look for when auditioning the 272/XPS combo.
asquaretail
Reading this a day later, it is even more vague than I thought.  My question is really what options am I cutting of by going the 272/XPS route.  For example, would  turntable, tonearm and cartridge upgrades be wasted on it?  At what level? Or is there something coming in streaming that would make me wish I'd gone another way?  Or are there unknown unknowns (to me)  out there that one of you knows about.  Thats why its a strategic question rather than a simple question of component quality or characteristics.  If there are no strategic complexities, I'll either like the 272/xps sound or I won't,  and its a simple, if not easy, decision.

If you are looking to spend some money and add an upgraded power supply to your Naim, get a Teddy Pardo and don't look back.

https://www.teddypardo.com/powersupplies/fornaim.html

A lot less costly and equal or better performance plus no need to have it recapped every so often.

I have no experience with the 272, but I can tell you that adding the XPS to my CDX2 was absolutely night and day.  I was at my dealer contemplating purchasing a Linn tt, when he suggested that I maximize my CD player before venturing into analog.  I listened to both the LP 12 and the XPS and I decided to go the XPS route.  The music became so much more harmonically complete and satisfying that I waited a while before purchasing the LP12.  So I say this to you - IMO, at the prices Naim charges, you should want to hear a major upgrade in the sound over whatever you're using now.  If not, I would pass and look elsewhere in the system for improvement.  
joeinid,  I'm aware of the Pardo and will consider it.  I see a couple of issues.  As I understand it, use  of the Pardo voids the Naim warranty.  I've also been told that while the Pardo is as good as the Naim, its also different.  And one of the differences is that it doesn't have the slam of the Naim.  My system needs the slam.  That being said, I'm still considering it and would audition one if I could do so.  Thanks. 

chayro,  I agree that the difference needs to be major at these prices. Especially with the Pardo alternative.   I've seen the effect of the XPS-DR on a 272 with Naim amplification and Focal speakers and it was a stunning improvement.  That was a digital only rig.  It remains to be seen how it works with a Clayton/Dynaudio rig and vinyl.  Will find out Wednesday if all proceeds as planned.  Your success leaves me optimistic.  Thanks for letting me know.
Never mind.  Its a done deal.  Listened to the 272/XPS combo for several hours with various types of music today.  Decided I must have it.  It improved too many things, providing more detail as well as a much deeper, richer sound.  The sound stage and imaging both improved as well, but the key is that it adds pace and slam to just about everything.  While no one improvement would have been enough, the shear breadth of the improvements made it a no brainer.  On the other hand, the pace and slam improvement was almost enough on its own.
Thank you.  I will check them out.  I know about them but thought that so much of my gear is non-Naim, it might be an issue.