Adcom Gia 555ii amp and gfp 565 preamp

I recently purchased these in like new condition, the downside is that they have been in storage for about 14 years. Is there anything I should do before hooking them up and turning them on?                   Sorry, it is a gfa 555 ii amp
royboy11532
rocray, just starting to build and the only speakers I have worth mentioning are a pair of Dahlquist dq 10’s. Am trying to find some Infinity cs3009 but not having any luck. I am trying to avoid spending a bunch of money so I am just piecing things together that I have found. I also have a Yamaha M2 amp, and a B&K st 202 and preamp. I am running a older Yamaha powered sub but can’t seem to make it blend. 
Sounds like a nice set up! For the longest time I had the same issue with subs. They filled in the lower regions ok,but they always sounded like something wasn't quite right. I finally connected them directly to my amp using high level inputs,and SHAZZAM!  They now blend very well. (At least to my ears)
I am going to try that,  had been thinking about it but hadn’t got around to it yet. I have to try that. Trying to get the best sound on a junk budget. 
Do you know the environmental condition of the storage area?  If conditioned were 70 degrees +or - a bit. If so, I would do a few things first.  Open the cases and perform a visual inspection of each device.   If the capacitors are swollen and leaking material, this would be bad. Now, if you only find dust and age related debris, plugged that puppy in and rock.  

None of the above is based on a Electrical Engineering Degree, just years of "Get It Done" and are you kidding "it Worked".