Adcom Gia 555ii amp and gfp 565 preamp

I recently purchased these in like new condition, the downside is that they have been in storage for about 14 years. Is there anything I should do before hooking them up and turning them on?                   Sorry, it is a gfa 555 ii amp
royboy11532
I would also recommend having the tech give the amp a good go through. I think you will be pleased with the performance of the GFA555II. A nice amp for the money.
My old GFA 555 went unpowered for years, but it always worked as it should.
The Mk II, should be as good, considering it is a few years younger. If you take off the top cover and look around for anything unusual-like something distorted or bloated, then I think you are good to go.
The only thing that can affect the amp are leaking capacitors, and those are pretty obvious on casual inspection.
Nelson Pass did a great job designing the 555, so I doubt there is anything wrong, especially if you bought it from a dealer-who should have tested it before selling it.
I believe Musical Fidelity does upgrades to older Adcoms. Another route to go, if you wish...
Bob
That's good to know that SS equipment that has been sitting doesn't have to go through the same steps as tube equipment.
       Enjoy that amp and pre! What speakers are you running?