Adcom GFP-750, Rotel RC-1090, Parasound P-3, etc.?

Hi guys,
I am putting together a relatively budget 2nd system in my huge den.
The most confusing items are budget solid-state preamps.
I am looking for the most neutral, detailed and transparent solid state used preamp under $1,000.00.
I have 4 choices that I have been reading alot about lately:
Adcom GFP-750
Marsh b-2000
Parasound Halo P-3
Rotel RC-1090
Has anyone owned, heard, or compared at least 2 of these preamps?
If, so which is overall the most transparent, detailed, and neutral?
I was initially interested in the Parasound P/LD-2000, but after borrowing it from a friend, it was too darned bright for my tastes.
Thanks for your good advice.
audio_girl
audio_girl
I use an Adcom GFP-750 on a second system myself. Mostly in passive mode. System is:

Levinson ML-3 amp
Adcom GFP-750
Cal Audio Icon MKII CD
a/d/s L1290 speakers

Nothing special in interconnect or speaker wires, yet this thing is quite musical.

I've been happy with the Adcom, in fact I have had three of them and I keep going back. At the used price point a good deal IMHO.

Best,

Paul :-)
Beemer,
I feel exactly the same way as you!
I keep wanting to go back to the Adcom as well!
I have owned three or four of them myself.
In some ways it is the best preamp that I have ever heard, period.
In some ways I even prefered the Adcom to the Pass X-1 and X-2.5! The Adcom is quieter than the Pass units, and doesn,t have the ground loop problems that the Pass units can have.
The P-3 is a decent preamp, with gorgeous looks! I tried it for a few days. Its not bad at all for its price.
But, IMHO, the Adcom and the Parasound P/LD-2000 are superior in most all aspects.
I own a P/LD 2000. I agree with you, audio_girl, that it can sometimes be alittle bright and fatiguing on certain material, but its not that bad at all.
I have 0 experience with the Marsh or Rotel.
I would like to know myself how the Adcom 750 and the Rotel RC 1090 compare sonically.
Anyone?
Lanny
The Adcom is probably one of the most underated preamps around. It is a great unit and a steal at used prices. I keep one around "Just in case!" If it cost about $5000, it would certainly get a lot more respect. Well built to boot.
Post removed 
Hi, I had the Parasound Halo P-3 preamp for a while & liked it a lot. Then I got a Marsh p2000b balanced preamp and consider this to be quite superior to the halo p-3. Marsh has more detail, better soundstage, more dynamics, a natural sound in my system. There is no strain or harshness to its sound, also very quiet. All I did was swap out the pre, so I got a good comparison. Also I used the parasound through the Direct inputs for best sound. Plus good ic's and a better power cord. So I was getting the most from it I believe. The marsh is in a higher class sound wise. just my .002 !