Adcom GFP-750 and Adcom GFA-5802 Amp?

I mainly only want responses from people out there who have owned both the Adcom GFP-750 preamp, AND Adcom GFA-5802,and paired them together in the same system. My good friend is trying to put together a decent system.
He has not decided which front-end, cables, speakers, or amp to use. He wants to built his system around an Adcom GFP-750 preamp, which he now owns. He seems to be leaning greatly toward the Adcom GFA 5802 power amp.
He was wondering specifically if anyone has owned or tried an Adcom GFA-5802 power amp with the GFP-750 preamp in the same system, and if they were a good match together, and how they sounded together, since they both have relatively simple Nelson Pass circuits and similar circuit lay-outs and parts? Is there any kind of natural synergy when they are paired together?
Are there any major sonic weaknesses when they are paired together?
Are other power amps such as Parasound, Rotel, etc.,a better sonic match with the Adcom GFP-750?
I have never listened to the Adcom GFA-5802 power amp, so I cannot help him.
My friend says "Thanks in advance."
daltonlanny

Showing 1 response by danielk141

I own a GFP 750. My friend owned both a GFP 750 & the 5802. They sounded very good, both were modded. You should remember the GFP 750 is fully balanced. The GFA 5802 is not, it does have balanced inputs that convert to unbalanced inputs in the amp.
Rotel (I believe) does not make a truly balanced amp. The Pass X amps would be my choice to try......