Adcom GFA-5802 Stereo Power Amplifier to drive Andra speakers!Is it a good choice

Dear All,

Years and years after my original post for issues with the Andra I speakers I had an amazing yet surprising experience. Initially I used to drive them musical fidelity KW500 which was bright. I sold the musical fidelity and I out the Andras on the side of the room, took picture to sell them. Then I thought of testing them where they are in the room(against another wall perpendicular to original location. I put them 3-4 feet apart(that all I  an do), hooked them to 120 WPC Harman Kardon stereo receiver(that is I have at the moment, I pulled it form the basement) and tried it on my Denon 5901 DVD player. To say the least, I have never heard the speakers before. It was the room, I heard music. The notes were coherent and everything made sense. Bass is very light to non-existing, but the music is there especially the mid range. Enya's watermark album was amazing. I listened for ours and would not leave the  room. Now I am comparing this $300 receiver to the $5000 amplifier in the previous location and it is better from a musicality standpoint.  It was the room folks. Location, location, location.  I will not sell them and I am looking for an amplifier that will drive them without breaking the budget again. Hence my post. what about the  Adcom GFA-5802 Stereo Power Amplifier? if not, any other sgeestion easy on the wallet.
Thanks
Scientist73
scientist73

Showing 1 response by scientist73