adcom equipment.....

this might have been posted before, but has anyone heard or know anything about the new adcom line.  that, 575se model intrigues me at that price point.

kennesawjet
Let's see,  I mostly use CD's, so it usually starts with a Rega Apollo, then moves on to a Vincent SA-31 MK pre-amp. From there, one output goes to a NuTube headphone amp that I built and really dig.  When the amp arrives (Adcom 6602) it will power up a set of Decware ZOB speakers (Zen Open Baffle). I am pretty picky about power, so I use a BPT isolation transformer that produces balanced power from six separate secondary windings. Power cords vary, but PS Audio Preludes, Pangea AC14 SE, and one from BPT as well. Speaker cable has been Maple Shade basic twisted cable, which I have always liked, and interconnects are Nordost Blue Heaven from the CD player, and one Audio Magic from the pre-amp to the headphone amp, and then Straight Wire from  the TV to the Pre-amp as well. I occasionally use a dedicated a small laptop set up just for sound reproduction by a friend of mine, and it is amazing. That's about it.
kennesawjet
Very nice systems and cool that you make your own SP wire.

Happy Listening!
I would beg to differ with hifiman's assertion that he's read up on the new Adcom lines.  There is almost nothing to read up on regarding them or at least their design.  One can read the manual of each model on line, or read up on a few owner's impressions here and there, but there is no analysis of new vs old design, spec, sound, etc. that I can find anywhere.

That said, I bought the 555SE a year ago and the 6002 a few months back.  The 555 is a gem for the money.  Clear, open, dynamic but not bright or harsh sounding, or at least with decent cabling.  Great soundstage too.  I may actually be holding it back somewhat with the preamp, a P5 from Parasound.  it's a decent pre but employs mostly op amps instead of the preferred discrete circuitry.  Still, I have been able to get a soundstage with depth at times, 

The 6002 is a budget amp and though not the equal of the 555, has lots of power for its size.  It actually has more features than the 555SE, which may be due to the 555's minimalist design with no 12 volt trigger or input gain knobs.

As to the OP's curiousity towards the 575SE, I'd be curious too.  At 81 lbs, I'd suggest it's not for the faint of heart!  The 565 intrigues me too at their sale prices, but I've got to lay off the amp upgrades for a while.
hey thanks 213rinnin,
that's what I figured, it was a great line in its day, I don't see why it don't work now...…….
Sure, no problem.  Being that I've owned both Parasound and Adcom previously, I compared some of the specs of the 555SE and the Parasound 2250 V2.  They retail for about the same...

The Adcom has comparable SNR and better damping factor(900 to 150), better THD and better frequency response, which is down to 10 Hz vs a -3 db of 20 Hz for the Parasound.  The 555 also doesn't need a 2 ohm switch to be stable at 2 ohms.  I can't find cap values for the 2250, but comparing photos, the Adcom's at 60,000 micro farads seem quite large compared to the Parasound.

One more thing.  The 2250 achieves unity power at 1 volt, which is the typical max voltage output for receivers, but not preamps.  The Adcom achieves full power at 1.75 volts, which would give more range on the volume dial.

To be fair, the Parasound has more features, consumes less power at rest, and has 275 wpc on tap vs the 200 wpc for the 555.  The new improved Halo amps look much better for more money, though.