adcom equipment.....

this might have been posted before, but has anyone heard or know anything about the new adcom line.  that, 575se model intrigues me at that price point.

kennesawjet
OP

I just got done reading about the new Adcom line of amps and from what I could see their design is a far cry from the minimalist approach of the original GFA"s.  I have a modified 555 from yesteryear which I tried several months ago when I sent my reference amp in for a rebuild (20 year mark).  Unfortunately, even after giving  the old Adcom a few weeks to settle in, the music just was Blah.  I boxed it back up and went to headphones and Spotify till may SMc amp returned.

I would be very curious to listen to the new line. I would imagine that many component improvements that have occurred over time are implemented in the new amps.  I would be sure to get an extended audition at the local audio emporium or better yet in your system to be sure the Adcom is up to the performance of your other gear.

Good luck!
hifiman, 
I talked with adcom a while back and was told this was based on the old design with some mod and upgrade to the overall design.  I just brought my daughter an adcom redone by the seller. don't sound to bad.  a little thin in the bass though....
tim, 
 I have conrad Johnson gear for me and my wife, was just curious for my other daughter.....
I have an Adcom amp coming in next week. It is the least expensive 6602 amp. It is a temporary amp until my main amp is finished being rebuilt (Forte' Model 3). The price was right, but I am also curious as to what my reaction might be. I didn't want to buy an older amp just because of the 'wear' issue. Likely, this amp will be used in my garage system, unless it surprises me greatly. Go with your ears.