Adcom dilema (GTP600 - GFA 5500)

Right now I am running the title system through Klipsch KG5.5's. While they are capable of producing plenty of db, I was wondering if anyone might have an idea of how I might upgrade to more respectable components without expending too much more dinero?? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. I am willing to trade these pieces and ante up an additional $1000 for a modest improvement. ps. Are the Klipsch my limiting factor? Should I be in the market for new speakers and cables?
marchman
What's in the rest of your system? thanks, [email protected] ph805.527.9739 fax805.527.9808 www.hellohifi.com eCatalog available. New equipment demo’s by appointment. All quotes are good for 30 days. Customers in every state, & 26 countries (angol/ingles/englisch/beszelunk magyarul!/ hablamos en espanol/wir sprechen deutsch).
check out www.stereoland.com My local small dealer here in Mineapolis. They have been a adcom dealer for years, not any more. Was by there today 1-22-00 Close-out GTP-740 DTS $799. Open box and demo Full warranty. Then sell your GTP-600 for about $300 Now you just spent about $400. Hint follow the Wild Bill's specials link. He is the owner. For get about the Adcom GCD-700 at $299. I got the last one today. If you need a local person to get it for you. Drop me a note I'll follow up with a phone number. Good Luck Jerry
the adcom amp isn't bad...it's their preamps that make nasty sounds. you could try a creek passive preamp obh-12, a great value, like i did and the sound i got from the adcom amp was better than i thought it would be look don't buy anything unless you've heard it and you're SURE that you'll be able to live with it for a long time, otherwise you are in for a headache as far as system matching is concerned. these are observations from my own experience