Adcom dilema (GTP600 - GFA 5500)

Right now I am running the title system through Klipsch KG5.5's. While they are capable of producing plenty of db, I was wondering if anyone might have an idea of how I might upgrade to more respectable components without expending too much more dinero?? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. I am willing to trade these pieces and ante up an additional $1000 for a modest improvement. ps. Are the Klipsch my limiting factor? Should I be in the market for new speakers and cables?
add an adcom gda-600 or gda-700 d/a converter for better sound.
What's in the rest of your system? thanks, ph805.527.9739 fax805.527.9808 eCatalog available. New equipment demo’s by appointment. All quotes are good for 30 days. Customers in every state, & 26 countries (angol/ingles/englisch/beszelunk magyarul!/ hablamos en espanol/wir sprechen deutsch).
check out My local small dealer here in Mineapolis. They have been a adcom dealer for years, not any more. Was by there today 1-22-00 Close-out GTP-740 DTS $799. Open box and demo Full warranty. Then sell your GTP-600 for about $300 Now you just spent about $400. Hint follow the Wild Bill's specials link. He is the owner. For get about the Adcom GCD-700 at $299. I got the last one today. If you need a local person to get it for you. Drop me a note I'll follow up with a phone number. Good Luck Jerry
the adcom amp isn't's their preamps that make nasty sounds. you could try a creek passive preamp obh-12, a great value, like i did and the sound i got from the adcom amp was better than i thought it would be look don't buy anything unless you've heard it and you're SURE that you'll be able to live with it for a long time, otherwise you are in for a headache as far as system matching is concerned. these are observations from my own experience