Adcom 585 Be Mono?

I HAVE 2 ADCOM 585' AND I WOULD LIKE TO HOOK THEM UP BY METHOD OF MONO ~ MONO . DO ANY OF THE AUDIOPHILES OUT THERE HAVE EXPERIENCE WITH MONO ~ ADCOM 585' ?
Thanks;
Jazzmann
128x128cruzinthrutheyears
The 585, unlike the 555, does not seem to have a bridging capability to be used as a monoblock. You might want to contact Adcom about hether it could be done.
I don't believe you can do that. The only thing I can possibly think of is bi-amp'ing with a pair of 585's (not that I'd recommend it, but..)

Using a pair of RCA splitters coming off your pre-amp, you plug in two sets of RCA cables for each channel. Then take both cables from a single channel (left or right) and plug them into a single 585 (i.e. the two left pre-amp out cables goes into left+right channels for left 585 and vice versa.)

As long as your speakers are bi-wire capable you can drive the two different ranges (highs/lows) with the left/right channels from the same amp. You'll also need to make sure you have two sets of speaker wires for each run.

I use to know a guy who preached about the sonic virtues of independently driving the highs/lows of a speaker with a separate amplifier, but I never heard it myself. Maybe ever so slightly, but it wasn't "amazing".

Anyway.. good luck.
Hi the 585 is a dual mono design from the start.The 585 is two 565's in one box.The best thing would be use a single 585 for each channel.But are you looking for more power?Because when you take a stereo amp and strap it in mono you lose half the damping factor.So true mono is the way to go.Good luck