ADC XLM mkII Cartridge. Should I bother...

Wondering if anyone has any first hand experience with the ADC XLM mkII.

I purchased an SME 3009 Series II and the seller threw in this cartridge. Cantilever was broken so there is no trying it.

Jico sells a shibata stylus that I’m thinking might be a decent sounding fit for this.

My 2M Black is in need of replacement - too many hours - and I am not ready to get a MC cartridge at the moment, so I figured this could be a good bridge that won’t cost too much to get going.

If anyone has had any experience with this particular cartridge, would love to hear your thoughts.

Thanks!

P

perkri
If you can get a Jico replacement stylus, why not try it if it isn’t too expensive. Seems that cartridge was well regarded back in its day. Harry Pearson seemed to like it.

I would say it’s worth a shot with the Jico and then figure out what direction you want to go in the future. Chances are, you will want to spend significantly more in the future. That arm can handle a very nice cartridge.
Post removed 
The cartridge is nothing special, even their Best ADC Astrion with Sapphire cantilever is nothing special.

Don’t know what’s your budget, but you can find much better MM cartridge than new Ortofon or old ADC.

Stanton, Pickering, Grace, Garrott, Audio-Technica, Pioneer made exceptional MM cartridges if you know exact model (according to your price limit).

JICO is only alternative, even if the stylus tip is good nude Shibata you have to take in count the compliance, cantilever material, the marget.