Active monitors, 3k used, great nearfield sound

I currently use Mackie HR 824 MkII's in my computer setup. I'm basically happy with them, but have made some downstream improvements that I think could be better revealed with superior speakers.

I'm seeking quality active monitors that cost roughly 3k used, offer superior nearfield listening, and don't go all that low (I have the Mackies set for 47 Hz because the downstairs neighbors hear too much thump at 37 Hz). I prefer a slightly warm sound and certainly not anything too clinical.

Can anyone offer suggestions?
thedautch
Second Shadorne's rec. of Genelec. I only heard them in the store but felt they bettered Dynaudio, KRK, Mackie for natural, non-fatiguing sound.
Third the Genelecs. I have a pair of 8030A. Incredible sound. Pin prick detail and real slam (I have the 7050B sub to augment that).

Genelecs are almost standard for near-field monitors in mixing music, movies and tv shows. Huge following among professional recording engineers for their detail and consistency up and down the product line. They however are not "hi-fi warm' meaning less than stellar recordings don't sound great. My Led Zeppelin CD's are a good example. Dark Side of the Moon on the flip side sounds sublime.
I appreciate all the suggestions, everyone. I'll do some auditioning and make a decision. Thanks for the input.
I own the Focal Twin 6's and love em'. You can get a new pair for a couple hundred more than you're looking to spend. It's nice to have that warranty.