Active crossover advice for 1000hz biamp

Hi,

Im looking for an 2 way active crossover to divide the signal around 1000-1200hz so I can biamp with two tube amps. Lows will go to a 15 inch woofer and highs to a compression driver in a horn.
I was considering Rane, Bryston, Marchand, any advice will be welcome.

Thanks
Alan
alanbrain

Showing 3 responses by alanbrain

The speaker is custom made, so, there is no passive crossover. There are direct connections to the woofer and the horn. The compression driver is 109 db and the woofer is 99db. I was thinking of using an active one because I already have a good amplifier for the bass, EL34 20 watts and Im buying a SET one for the mid-highs something around 2-3watts.
Well, I had in mind two cut options. One was around 700hz just above the cut off of the horn(the compression driver only goes down to 500hz) and the other around 1100hz. I rather prefer the 1100hz since I think the 700 is too critical area to cut but I can try.
Alan
Thanks Greg.
Thats a very good advice I will do it. I was checking
and you are talking about the behringer DCX, its the digital crossover. I was also reading and doesn't have so many bad comments. A lot of people is using them in their setups with little degradation and there is and upgrade path of the analog outputs!!!
Maybe I will stay with the DCX for a long time, for what I understand its lack of hi end is balanced on the other side with the tools you have to shape the sound on real time.
At the end like in everything in life there is no free lunch.
Thanks
Alan