Accuphase Integrated Amp - E600 or E470

I am building a second system around Harbeth or ATC speaker and decided on Accuphase for integrated amp. Between the Accuphase E600 (class A 30 watts) and E470 (class A/B 180 watts) integrated amps I am hoping someone here has compared. I heard the E470 driving ATC speakers and liked it but have no chance to audition an E600. If the E600 sonics is only mildly superior to the E470 I would rather get the latter to avoid class A heat plus it is significantly less $$. I am in Jakarta Indonesia where it is always hot and I prefer not have a heater in the small 1BR apartment I live. But if the sonics gap is huge enough I am prepared to step up. Music I listen is varied - pop, jazz, light rock, R&B and occasionally classical orchestra.
noelpastor

Showing 1 response by smoffatt

Greetings from Canada.
I am considering replacing my all ARC tube separates with a SS integrated that can easily drive my Verity Audio Parsifal Encore (89db eff.) and the E470 is on my short list.

Are you guys using a phono and DAC cards with your E470/E600?
Are those cards adding to the cost of the unit very much. I heard that they cost $2000.00 each. Anyone using them and can comment on their sonic attributes?

Would it be best to use an E470 "naked" and keep my separate phono stage ARC REF Phono 2 and Weiss DAC2. 
Thank You