Accuphase E550 or E560?

Is Accuphase E560 much better than E550?
zszwedo

Showing 3 responses by cosmin

I listen both amps and I think the new E-560 it's better than E-550. It is practically a different new amp. It sound sweet as a high-end class A tube sound and, very amazing, it is very fast like a high-end class B amplifier. And a huge reserve of power.
This amp is incredible ! I own it for about one year and I couldn't be happier !
nvp, I listen both Accuphase E-550 and E-560 on the same setups - practically only change amps in different setups.
What I already told was the general oppinion of about 7 folks who assisted to the comparation.
But, of course, E-550 was my first love in Accuphase's A class amps ! :) E-550 was the reason I used to decide to switch from A/B class to A class !
IMO, the main difference between E-560 and E-550 is the speed, control of the bass, and more neutral sound. For example I was very impressed for the speed of the E-450. In the same way I was more years ago impressed about E-550 delicacy, musicality and tube-alike sound. Now, let's imaginary put E-550 and E-560 in a blender and that's E-560 ! Of course, with a bigger power reserves and better filtering caps than any of two. :)
Yes, it was a typo mistake - I mean to write a blend of E-550 and E-450, indeed.

I don't use guides and reviews anymore when I want to evaluate and compare an audio equipment. I prefer to use only my subjective ears ! :)

I use a pair of JMLab Electra 920.1 with E-560. IMO it's a very good match. I doesn't hear yet any pre / power combos with class A power from Accuphase, but I listen for many other Accuphase pre / power - most of them with the fabulous P-7100 power.

BTW, are you romanian ? :)