Accuphase E408, E407 or E530 ?

Hi, my system consist of Sonus Faber Concerto speaker, Marantz SA15-S1 SACD player & I am using a old vintage Accuphase E206 integrated amp.

I would like to upgrade my E206 to a higher model integrated amplifer. I am thinking about the above models.
Any advise ?

I thought of going from integrated to pre-power but I think an integrated should work as well as a pre-power amp.

I am using Elco HPC-10SP power cord & Crystal Clear Audio Studio Reference RCA interconnect for my SACD player .

I thought of getting the E408 ( S$6250 in Singapore here ) but comparing it to the E407, I can't really see a difference. Is it worth while ?

E530 is a class A 30 Watts amp. As compared to E408, the sound should be much warmer but is 30 Watts too little.

I am intending to upgrade to a floorstanding speaker down the road ( eyeing on the JM Lab Utopia Be model ). No intention to upgrade to electrostatic speaker & will keep to box speaker.

I like all kind of music/song but not into heavy metal rock.

Thanks in advance.
jeremy

Showing 1 response by nortberg

Hi everyone,im running an E530 with a pair of focal jm-lab electra 927be.They sound fabulous and the amp keeps the chill off the room in winter!
The only thing that makes me scratch my head about accuphase are the unnecessary extras like tone controls,loudness button and the meters.Surely the amp would be cheaper to make without these.
Maybe i'm being a bit fussy,dont get me wrong,this is the best amp ive ever owned.