Accuphase E-470 or Luxman 590ax II ?

Hi, I have the opportunity to buy either a Accuphase E-470 or Luxman 590ax II for nearly the same price, the speakers are Graham Audio LS 5/9 (bbc speakers) 
The 470 I know is powerful enough , and I been told that the Luxman is much more powerful than the 30 Watts would suggest and should drive the 5/9 without problems in my 18 kvadrad room.
I don’t have a opportunity to try the amps at home.
From a sonic standpoint, which one would you recommend ?
gryphongryph

Showing 5 responses by gryphongryph

Yes, I know that the E-600 would be the natural comparison, but the 600 is nearly twice as expensive!!!
How did you like the Luxman on low volume?

Thanks for your input Oran, have you tried the headphone output on the two amps ?
Would you say that the Accuphase has a warmer sound signature ?

Did you loose any musicality going from class A to a class AB design ?
greginnh, that’s my thinking too, I like the Accuphase looks better, but the class A e-600 is so much more expensive than the Luxman, also the Luxman already has a phone card built inn as standard and it is supposed to be rather good, so should I start spinning records again, I would be all set.
Only worrying aspect is the power, as I understand it goes 30 watts into class A then to about 90 into AB.
That the Luxman is said to be very powerful to be a 30Watter got me interested in it, as Class A is said to have better sound than a AB amp.
The Advantage S100 I have, gets quite warm, so maybe it is operating in class A for the first few watts, not sure.
I would like a bit more meat on the sound though.
I know that Accuphase keeps replaceable parts a long time after products go out of production, how is it with Luxman? Do they have the same policy?
Am a bit worried about the heat from the 590II
 although I live in a cold climate, our houses are well insulated and it would be a bit annoying if the windows would need to be open every time one wanted to listen to some tunes ;-)
Is the 590II dead quiet in operation, no hum or any hiss trough the speakers when no music I playing ?
Thanks for the response, nice to know that it is dead quiet, also that the heat is not a problem makes this amp very interesting for me, am right now listening to Greg Brown on my Graham’s with my Advantage S100 amp with Roon and Primare Dac 30 as front end, sounds very nice, I think I prefer the Advantage to the DK Design, but I am sure the 590II would be a big upgrade in sound quality in my system.
Hopefully 30 class A watts are enough to drive the Graham’s.
Thanks for all your help guys.
Will talk with my dealer again when my smaller music/tv room is finished.