Accuphase E-470 or Luxman 590ax II ?

Hi, I have the opportunity to buy either a Accuphase E-470 or Luxman 590ax II for nearly the same price, the speakers are Graham Audio LS 5/9 (bbc speakers) 
The 470 I know is powerful enough , and I been told that the Luxman is much more powerful than the 30 Watts would suggest and should drive the 5/9 without problems in my 18 kvadrad room.
I don’t have a opportunity to try the amps at home.
From a sonic standpoint, which one would you recommend ?
gryphongryph

Showing 8 responses by greginnh

I have owned both amps.   Luxman hands down, no contest.   A more equal comparison would be the Accuphase E-600 and the Luxman 590AX II.  
To clarify, I have owned the Luxman L-590 AX followed by the Accuphase E-470 and now an Accuphase E-600. It’s a long story as to how and why I made that journey - suffice it to say it had a lot to do with speaker selections.

Unless you have difficult speakers to drive, the Luxman will provide a much purer sound than the Accuphase E-470. If I had to do it all over again, I would take the Luxman L-590AX even though I have the Accuphase. With a phono card, it’s twice the price of the Luxman and provides only a marginal improvement in sound quality.
It doesn't get THAT hot.  Unless your audio room is a broom closet, you will not notice the heat.  
Hi Jafant

As linnlingo mentioned, AVT carries Luxman.  I have purchased several pieces from them.  I purchased my Accuphase gear from Legends (Cape Cod and Florida). 
builder3 - I was using Aerial Acoustics 7T until a few months ago when I purchased some Totem Element Metals. I am considering a high-end tube rig so these will be more "tube friendly". I will be selling my E-600 in a few weeks to fund the upgrade.

Jafant - I am still using Tellurium Q Black Diamond also that may change depending on synergy with my new gear.
I have a VPI Classic TT.  I like it a lot. 

I sold the 803's since I moved and my new room was too small for that speaker.