Accuphase E-202 Integrated

I recently bought one of these beauties and have been really amazed at how sweet and seductive it sounds after solving a minor volume/balance issue. I imagine one would have to spend $3K+ to match its performance today but the build quality would likely be lacking and you probably would be without a QUALITY phono stage. The only nitpick so far is that it does not produce quite as wide a soundstage as I like, though its depth and texture is top-shelf. With an AUX inputs, two tape inputs, TWO phono inputs, and pre and amp mains, it is well-equipped. One of the super phono stage inputs even has variable level control and variable loading (30k, 47k, and 100k).

I am giving it a careful listen over the next couple-o-weeks before forwarding my impressions to my local electronics wizard for purposes of tailoring internal updates. I figure a cap or three will need replacing eventually, anyway.

The seller described this unit as 9.5 cosmetically, and I figured I’d be happy if it turned out to be an 8.0 – the way most folks describe these days. Turns out to be damn near a 10.0. I showed pictures to someone who said I should post them for all to see as “reference material”. Link below does just that.

Accuphase E-202
4yanx

Showing 1 response by jedinite24

Anyone ever use a C-200 preamp along with an Accuphase E-202 with the E-202 set up like an amp? My uncle had this combo in storage and found it again recently but doesn't recall how he set both up. I saw on the back of the E-202 that it has a 2 sets of jacks labeled Preamp or Main Input and a switch below it to toggle between. Seems like you can use the E-202 as an amp but from what I've read some members have just used the E-202 as an integrated.

Thanks