Accuphase DP-78 doesn't read SACD layer

I have a Accuphase DP-78 SACD player that will play pure SACD's, CD's, and will play the CD layer on a Hybrid SACD but no longer picks up the SACD layer. Has anyone come across this? I tried air blowing the inside was not successful.  Any Suggestions? or can you suggest a reputable NJ or metropolitan area repair?  
salc
It carries the Sony mechanism as SCDXA9000ES, common issue, reads all but SACD layer on hybrids, you can change the laser but this will happen again sooner or later. I have learned to live with this, as i have mine since 2005. Laser changes are easy but require the test material (discs) for adjusting correctly the biases for CD & SACD. Better check with Accuphase or find somebody who knows how to do it.

G

thanks for you input.  Over the last few years I have just learned to live with it.  The Accuphase player is so good on CD layer.  It's a shame thought since I have a fair number of audiophile SACD's.  

Also that mechanism is no longer available.  Only issues are from China on ebay or sites where the units have poor reviews being suspect or used.  So I would preferably want to have a reputable Accuphase service place in the NY/NJ area that has experience with something like this, before going down this path.

Appreciate everyone's input.

Salc
one last thought, you mentioned that the laser bias needs adjusting on a replacement. Not knowing anything about this, Is there any reason why the bias on the existing laser is out of wake and couldn't be adjusted to play SACD?
Normally an existing laser can shelf readjust if you leave the disc in the player shut the unit down and power up again. On lasers replacement new adjustments have to be made meeting manufacturers voltages mainly for the RF amp. 
I know that Accuphase chose these lenses and mechanism for there are plenty around.
Strange that you cannot locate one.
Hope you fix it.

G
salc

Thank You for the update. Keep me posted, as I own, an Accuphase DP-65V. A stone classic CD player from 1997-2004 vintage. I know that someday, it will require service.
Reach out to ivanj or Bill Thalmann. As above.

Happy Listening!