Accuphase CD players versus Naim CD players

i have an accuphase cdp(DP - 55V) which on the whole i like a lot(I have thought about upgrading to a DP-67, see seperate question) but sometimes i wish my accuphase was more dynamic in its presentation of the music. overall though i feel it gives me plenty of detail and a real sound. i have also thought about a naim cdp but for every person who seems to love the Naim 'sound', there seems to be someone else who hates it with a passion and thinks the 'sound' Naim creates is false. the main criticism seems to be that 'yes', it does give you a very dynamic explosion of sound and is very fast but that it misses a lot of the musical detail and that the naim 'sound' is actually quite artificial. i would be interested to hear if people agree or disagree with this argument. i have not done a direct comparison yet between an accuphase cdp and the naim cdx2(which is the player i would be thinking about)but whilst i might sometimes crave a bit more dynamism from my accuphase, i would not want to sacrifice the accuphase genuine sound for something that may be slightly artificial. i would be particularly interested in hearing from anyone who has directly compared Accuphase with Naim.
merseyboy

Showing 2 responses by flg2001

I have had Naim and Accuphase cdps (currently owning a DP55v). Naim CDS are great with XPS in an all-Naim system, you need to be sold on the Naim sound thou.

Hope this helps.
Abetz - Any idea of the MSRP of the DP 500, of course there is nothing used in the market yet and just cant find the MSRP in the US yet.

regards,

Fernando