Accuphase A-30 or P-3000 for Klipschorns?

Hello music lovers,

I am the proud owner of a beautiful pair of 1992 Klipschorns. I currently have an old Accuphase E-203 integrated (1981), but I'm thinking of going into Accuphase separates. I don't need a lot of power, so an A-30 or a P-3000 would be enough.

I have read pretty much all I can find about these amps on the Internet and the general opinion seems to be that the A-30 is more musical (clearer, warmer, etc.) but the P-3000 has more punch. I want both of these qualities!

Does anyone have any experience from these amps?
Which one do you think would be best for the Klipschorns?

Many thanks for your answers in advance.
P.S. I know that most people recommend tubes for K-horns, but I quite like ss gear, especially Accuphase. Nice and sweet.
newmount

Showing 1 response by newmount

Thanks for your advice, Bob_bundus.
I have read several rave postings about the A-30 or the E-530 for K-horns as well as less efficient speakers. My musical preferences lean towards rock, so I'm a big fan of dynamics. Since you get quite a lot of warmth from the Accuphase class AB amps as well, on top of the dynamics, perhaps they would be a better choice than the pure class A designs. Then again, with a sensitivity of 104 dB, one rarely puts more than a watt into the speakers. One should think that the A-30 was enough... And since the output stage of such an amp is constantly driven, it should be faster than a class AB design. If only one could try them out in my system...

By the way, are you sure that the P-450 uses MOS-FET transistors in the ouput stage? I thought it was a bipolar design.