Accounting for slight hearing loss

On a whim and with a suspicion, I recently had a hearing test and it showed some loss in left.  Mainly around 3k and then recovers some above that.  I had noticed (after many good tips gathered on Agon) after really paying attention to set up and room, featured vocal/instrument was often right of center, almost never left.  Mind you, i still hear all freq, even quite  high and get great staging but often, its annoyingly with a right bias.  Maybe that's where he's supposed to be!  Thats actually not a trivial point.  Funny thing, I can listen to MD Kind of Blue in mono and I sense no shift. Quite opposite as instruments still have some staging. Go figure.  

Any tips or tweaks to compensate?  Ok, here's where I might be all wet.  Lower resistance to tweeter in left XO (phase issues with right?)  A mod to extend left baffle above the tweeter some?  Simple "Left" on amp works but isnt freq specific.  Im suspicious that using an EQ unit will degrade overall sound although that seems the most obvious.  Do they?  Speakers are Madisound kit Klang+Ton NADA designed with Scanspeak Illuminator drivers.  In Lee Taylor cabinets.  Amp is Rogue Sphinx V2 (A/D). 
Thanks in advance.  Otherwise it's a tad "L" on the amp.
akgwhiz
I remember way in the past some of us oldies used equalisers.

I would note the comments by @needfreestuff .
@amg,
Yes, I tried using equalizers, but the results were very disappointing.
The good thing was that it gave me insight into how speakers are made/voiced.
Re DSP:
Though I haven't used it, my friends have heard/tried it, and most find it artificial. So, YMMV.
I am with georgehifi on this one.
Bob
Keep in mind, I am advocating for DSP based EQ before a DAC, not after.

The use of a DSP EQ after a DAC to me is anti-high end as it requires two more conversions, in addition to the math. With the Loki it all remains in the analog domain, subject to whatever devices, op amps and capacitors are used.

In the case of Roon, it seems transparent, you get it "for free" and reasonably easy to use, but the analog Loki may be a better fitting solution. 

Erik, just make sure I understand.  A DSP between my transport and DAC will convert with it's own DAC, do its eq, then convert back to the undecoded format (ADC).  Then my MHDT will see it as before. 

Alternatively,  the Loki is at the end if the chain and will do it's own internal ADC, process, then DAC on the way to amp. 

Seems either way, it's another DAC/ADC or ADC/DAC!  I'm guessing theres no free lunch and you get what you pay for!

I'm leaning towards a little Left on the balance knob, even though it's full spectrum.  The lows are less easily located so less to disrupt the imaging.

As someone who's built similar speakers, is placing a reflective "extension" on top of the left speaker going to do anything of consequence?  I think the xo is 2500hz so that's perfect.

Thanks all Agonners for the input.  This is a prime example of folks just trying to help and sharing insights. I'm traveling right now and may report back with news if its constructive.
A DSP between my transport and DAC will convert with it’s own DAC, do its eq, then convert back to the undecoded format (ADC). Then my MHDT will see it as before.

Sorry but for this specific case, your example is incorrect. The signal remains in the digital domain and is converted to analog only at the last stage, the DAC.

Transport --> S/PDIF --> Math is applied --> S/PDIF --> DAC

DSP, or Digital Signal Processing, performs math on the digits, so the S/PDIF data stream is practically it’s native language.

An example of what I’m suggesting in this specific case would be this:

https://www.minidsp.com/products/minidsp-in-a-box/nanodigi-2x8-b

It has digital inputs and outputs only and not a single analog part inside. :) In my case though, since all my signals come from Roon and I lack a spinner:

Roon (CPU does the DSP to the digits) --> Wifi --> Streamer --> USB --> DAC

Again, no conversion to analog happens until the last stage, where my Mytek Brooklyn takes the output of the streamer and feeds it to my integrated amp.  Lastly, third option, is to use a miniDSP with built in streaming, AND digital inputs:

https://www.minidsp.com/products/streaming-hd-series

So, in the third case, your transport AND your streaming goes through the same device, adding EQ to everything equally. In all three of these cases your existing DAC is the only place where digits are converted to analog signals.

Best,

E