AC polarisation. Does it matter?

I just realised that most of my cords switch from positive to negative and negative to positive from the male end of my cords to the iec's Does this matter? The two cords that are correct are the cord to my CDP and the cord to my tuner but the cord to my Hydra which feeds the whole system is reversed. I was just wondering if this is an issue or very minor if an issue at all.
Thanks for your help.
128x128mitchb

Showing 1 response by gs5556

I looked at your system and I don't think quality control is a problem with Shunyatas and Electraglides unless they make an export version with reverse polarity... I don't know.

Did you use a continuity tester to confirm this? Sorry if this seems painfully obvious, but the two ends match with respect to shape - flat on top and ground on bottom with the left/right terminals matching. Use a continuity tester on a prong/receptacle pair. If they are reversed, I certainly would not use them in my equipment.

For reasons stated above, reverse polarity is an issue and it's not minor. Usually, polarity is not an issue for pure resistive loads such as light bulbs.