AC Line Problems

I have big problems regarding AC line noise. I get alot of loud "pops" through my phon stage from appliances in house while listening to phono stage. I had dedicated line installed from the existing panel but to no avail. The house is only wired for 110 amps. Would upgrading to 220 amps help? Any suggestions? How can I determine noise which is coming in from the AC line versus noise which is airborne?
gerardff

Showing 1 response by bkdou812

Hi, I`m experiencing tube failure on my ARC Reference CD-7 ,18 months ago I sent it back to ARC for power supply upgrade,and new tubes, the CD-7 has just returned from ARC yet again ,where it had a burned out tube that had about taken out another tube [ according to techs at ARC] ! 21 capacitors replaced !  only use this 3-4 hours a day [ piano solos at low volumes] all my gear is hooked up trough a MIT Z Series Line conditioner [ which I sent in to be serviced as well in search of the problem ! ] The tehnician  there said we have 300 to 350  power downs and spikes daily here - My question is how to protect my tube gear, as I just purchased a new ARC LS-17 SE.
  I had no issues ever with my solid state ARC LS-9 or any other solid state gear !
  any assistance will be greatly appreciated !