Absolute top tier DAC for standard res Redbook CD

Hi All.

Putting together a reference level system.
My Source is predominantly standard 16/44 played from a MacMini using iTunes and Amarra. Some of my music is purchased from iTunes and the rest is ripped from standard CD's.
For my tastes in music, my high def catalogues are still limited; so Redbook 16/44 will be my primary source for quite some time.

I'm not spending DCS or MSB money. But $15-20k retail is not out of the question.

Upsampling vs non-upsampling?
USB input vs SPDIF?

All opinions welcome.

And I know I need to hear them, but getting these ultra $$$ DAC's into your house for an audition ain't easy.

Looking for musical, emotional, engaging, accurate , with great dimension. Not looking for analytical and sterile.
mattnshilp
Thanks for sharing.  I think mine is WAV64.  It was downloaded by Sam, so I'm not sure.  I also don't use Roon yet, but want to down the line. I know he's be swamped with a lot of business stuff as well as some personal stuff.  Not an excuse, but his business is at the point where he may need to grow and add help.  I can't adn won't speak for him, but I know he's dealing with a lot.  

I agree that it's the best server I've ever heard and I've heard a ton of them in the upper price ranges.  I know that the DAC he built into mine is insanely good.  I don't think he's going to be doing many of these DAC's if any going forward, but it competes with anything I've heard under 25k (recently auditioned the brand new Rossini and matching clock.  He's installing some new components, including StealthCaps, so I'm excited to get it back and burned in.  
Thanks ctsooner. I wish Sam well. It does seem he has a lot on his plate, and that's kind of what I figured. The sound has been so good in my system that I want to keep the Memory Player, despite the bump in the road.

I just got the Mojo Mystique dac that Matt wrote about awhile ago. I am really liking it, but it's good to know that it is possible for the Memory Player to be upgraded with a reference level built in dac, even if he might not be building many more. Hoping you post more about your dac.
Thaluza - glad to hear the thread has been helpful. Wav64 definitely. Yes, sams Memory Player is amazing. I’m hoping to get the Innuos Statement over to compare the two. Sam has his hands full, but it's all good. The Memory Player has become hugely popular overseas and Sam is working hard on standardizing and increasing production. And he is also releasing his new Line Array speaker, which is supposedly amazing. 
Looks like I'll be getting TMP/DAC back in a couple of weeks or so. I can't wait to get music again.  Sam is also going to help me mount my speakers on their new 3" granite plinths.  I had them glue the slabs with a special silicone glue for vibration purposes.  Let's see if they make a difference.  I have a feeling it will take them up a few notches.  I have a friend who has sworn by this.  Vandersteen uses this set up for him top model 7's.  Can't wait.
I kind of have lost track of this immense thread, but would appreciate some help.

I am looking for a DAC with full active preamp (or full active preamp with DAC). I see that the Mola Mola fits my description, but would like to ask you if you know of other options.

Just to be clear, I am not looking for digital or analogue volume control. I want a full active preamp to be part of the package.

Thanks in advance