Absolute top tier DAC for standard res Redbook CD

Hi All.

Putting together a reference level system.
My Source is predominantly standard 16/44 played from a MacMini using iTunes and Amarra. Some of my music is purchased from iTunes and the rest is ripped from standard CD's.
For my tastes in music, my high def catalogues are still limited; so Redbook 16/44 will be my primary source for quite some time.

I'm not spending DCS or MSB money. But $15-20k retail is not out of the question.

Upsampling vs non-upsampling?
USB input vs SPDIF?

All opinions welcome.

And I know I need to hear them, but getting these ultra $$$ DAC's into your house for an audition ain't easy.

Looking for musical, emotional, engaging, accurate , with great dimension. Not looking for analytical and sterile.
mattnshilp
Then it's about "best for PCM RedBook" as you stated. And of course the talk will come down to technology.

George, respectfully, knock it off. Everyone reading this thread is familiar with your R2R dogma.

I have personally had great results with D/S, but if I designed an R2R from scratch, it might be equally good.

Steve, your ethernet DAC only accepts PCM. How do you recommend converting DSD?

George, respectfully, knock it off.

Ah, respectfully that’ll be a big no! If you don’t like what you read, either don’t read it, or you can try to use the report button.

Cheers George
Matt said...”This is NOT a thread on R2R vs PCM technolog. Nor is it a thread on why R2R is the ONLY design that should be used, George.”

George. This is the OP’s thread..not yours. Show some respect and move on from your tiresome lambasting of everything that does not fall within your narrow minded nomenclature of all things R2R. Start your own thread and have at it there...
Post removed 
"I have faith in the average audiophile" Elizabeth,  I share that faith. 
I assume that the thread participants are adults capable of independently forming their own judgements.  The  repetitive dogmatic   approach can alienate and thus be unintentionally counterproductive.  
Charles