Absolute top tier DAC for standard res Redbook CD

Hi All.

Putting together a reference level system.
My Source is predominantly standard 16/44 played from a MacMini using iTunes and Amarra. Some of my music is purchased from iTunes and the rest is ripped from standard CD's.
For my tastes in music, my high def catalogues are still limited; so Redbook 16/44 will be my primary source for quite some time.

I'm not spending DCS or MSB money. But $15-20k retail is not out of the question.

Upsampling vs non-upsampling?
USB input vs SPDIF?

All opinions welcome.

And I know I need to hear them, but getting these ultra $$$ DAC's into your house for an audition ain't easy.

Looking for musical, emotional, engaging, accurate , with great dimension. Not looking for analytical and sterile.
mattnshilp
Peter, I had hoped to see you and others on Saturday but one of the audio clubs I belong to, The Audiophile Society, of NYC, will be having a meeting on Saturday during the same hours. 
In the past this club does not tend to hold a meeting in December but they called for one just several days ago.  
I want to support both the member who is hosting the meeting and the guest speaker who I personally know. 
We should try to talk on the phone soon and catch up. Much to talk about. 
I enjoyed our last such conversation. 

Cheers, Al. 

Al Mirabella 
Ambassador Sound Galleries & Taiko Audio 
Sound Test USA 
Al, looking forward. Yes it was a great talk. Too bad the club can’t come to Johnny’s. That would have been great. We will need to set something like that up. Would be fun. I’d like more info on the club too.  Pete. 
Yes, having John hosting a Club would be great as he is a wonderful host. Not too mention a wonderful dealer. 
I will PM you the contact information for The Audiophile Society. 
If anyone else would like me to PM that information just contact me by PM. 
PS there is also the New Jersey Audiophile Society. We just had our Holiday Party this past Sunday at the Club House in the community that I live in and a pleasant time was had by all. Anyone who would like their contact information just PM. 

FYI in both clubs we have some members that regular travel one to two hours to attend meetings and some who live out of state. 

Best, Al. 
That would be me Al, lol.  I've never been to any clubs or even a show in my life, lol.  Now I'm asking for club info and will be going to Cam Jam in NYC in Feb if the MS let's me, lol.....  What has life turned into?  

Al, can't wait to get the server in and have you over.  A dealer friend of mine in Houston, Timbr Audio, just taped a world class pianist in his store (they have a special room for this) and is sending me the whole session on a thumb drive.  I am hoping that becomes a bit of a reference for me, lol.  He's worked with Chesky and others in the past, so I'm sure it's recorded as good as it can be.  Yes, Matt, you will get a copy as will Richfield, lol..

How many of you use piano to when critically listening?  I know that's one instrument I was told to use back in teh early 70's.  It's a big reason I don't like so many speakers as that and cymbals can be brutal to properly reproduce IMHO.  
Piano is one of the main things I use when evaluating a system/component/change in my system. Particularly for imaging. If a system can't put a piano together seamlessly, front to back and side to side, then I know there's work to do still.