Absolute top tier DAC for standard res Redbook CD

Hi All.

Putting together a reference level system.
My Source is predominantly standard 16/44 played from a MacMini using iTunes and Amarra. Some of my music is purchased from iTunes and the rest is ripped from standard CD's.
For my tastes in music, my high def catalogues are still limited; so Redbook 16/44 will be my primary source for quite some time.

I'm not spending DCS or MSB money. But $15-20k retail is not out of the question.

Upsampling vs non-upsampling?
USB input vs SPDIF?

All opinions welcome.

And I know I need to hear them, but getting these ultra $$$ DAC's into your house for an audition ain't easy.

Looking for musical, emotional, engaging, accurate , with great dimension. Not looking for analytical and sterile.
mattnshilp
Not sure about the US price, Matt.  In Europe it starts from 22K Euro for a single-ended DAC without volume control.

as a former Lampi Golden Gate owner i did listen to the new Lampizator Pacific dac at the RMAF show this past weekend. i was impressed by it's greater clarity and more transparent and refined character. it plays at a higher level than the GG and will likely synergize in more systems.

at 22k euro's it's not cheap but at an attainable level.

and it's footprint is now conventional so it will fit into more racks better, and auto switches between dsd and pcm. it is not MQA compatible; that would not stop me or even slow me down choosing a dac (even though my MSB Select II has MQA I can take it or leave it).

it's one that must be considered as a contender. and you could buy it with one set of tubes and never think about it again. it does not need particular voicing to system fit like more colored dacs might.

I have a friend who used to post in this thread who also got a Davinci mk 2 this week. He's got to finish burnin it in, but he too got the N10 server to go with it.  I got him in touch with Matt and they are will no doubt share some notes etc...My friends system is Vandersteen 7's, forget the amp name and  SR cabling.

I have a good feel for how Matt listens as well as how my other friend does, so for me it will be really neat to hear their differences as both front ends are identical.

i use a 26$ dac uca202
no stupid drivers needed
works on every device
excellent dac, musical,prat,timbre
now i’m hearing all my music AGAIN
i had expensive dacs that only sounded good with excellent recorded cd’s, all other were inaudible!

ps: complemented with a little tube preamp pa-10se
search YouTube! 30$ audiophile