about to jump into the power cord foray

I am about to jump into the power cord foray. Since I’ve upgraded my IC’s and speaker cables most recently, I think the next step should be to look towards replacing the stock power cords. My system is as follows:

Dynaudio 52SE bookshelves
McIntosh MC2105 power
Audio Research LS-7 pre
Adcom GCD-600 cd changer
Lite Audio DAC 60 dac
Rotel RT-1080 tuner
Audioquest Diamondback & Kimber Hero IC’s
Kimber 8TC cables

I intend on putting IEC sockets on the A/R, McIntosh, and Adcom in the next week. If I could find a high quality changer, I’d probably dump the Adcom but I haven’t seen anything that’s really in my price range. Since I don’t have a new power or pre amp in the budget for the next 2 years, I plan on adding IEC sockets to the aforementioned devices. Will I notice any sort of improvement in sound quality, by going with Signal or Element cables with my current equipment? If not, should I look at a cable in the $100-150 range like the Virtual Dynamics Power 3 or VH Audio Flavor? I’m also open to any used cables on the site in the sub $150 dollar range
iggyminn

Showing 1 response by djones1915

All the power cord, cable and interconnect discourse is simply "hype." The technology of the receiver or preamp are what counts--and the quality of the speakers---put your money here. To hear this for yourself---go to a good high-end audio shop that will allow you to listen to the same quality equipment and speakers with different cables, power cords, and interconnects---bring a friend to change the cables, etc.,close your eyes, listen to different combinations, and I doubt you will be able to accurately verify any notable differences. I wasted alot of time and money on this area, have done what I said above, and am convinced I am right. I have no biases in this area unlike many others who respond to these threads.