A visit to the (Audio) Doctor

Looking at audio equipment can be a painful experience, sort of like looking at new (or used cars) or a trip to the dentist. I spent 4.5 hours at Audio Doctor in New Jersey. It was a great experience. Dave left a meeting early to see me. He knew that I was not looking at his very high end stuff, but he spent the whole day with me. No pressure, changing speakers many times and going back to a couple of them repeatedly. I have it narrowed down to two speakers, Vivid 1.5 or Janszen Valentia with air motion. Leaning toward the Vivids (pending wife approval). The shop is full of lots of incredible audio equipment at all price ranges. Clearly this is a business that is run out of appreciation of sound rather than maximizing profits.I am hesitant to go to small intimate shops like this out of concerns or pressure. This was just the opposite. Highly recommended.
crwindy
I had the best Audio shopping experience today at Audio Solutions in Indianapolis. The owner, Graham, treated me like royalty and gave me a fabulous deal on some B&W Diamonds! Can't recommend highly enough!  
*S*  Audio Dr./Dave & Troy....to borrow one from Neil Young...

"Long may you run...."  5's
Master cylinder, sounds like you think “selling” is some form of trickery, pushing you to buy. Some experiences are like that, granted. But it sounds like Audio Doctor is the other kind of salesperson, the kind who has done his due diligence and education and curates a group of products that he knows and understands how they interact. At that point, he’s sharing his knowledge and enabling you to choose the product that most appeals to you. You can self-educate and should, but finding a brick and mortar store owner who will help you on your path is fantastic. I’ve found self education to be expensive!
crwindy
Looking at audio equipment can be a painful experience, sort of like looking at new (or used cars) or a trip to the dentist.
If that's your experience, you're trying to business with the wrong people.
Seems odd that crwindy posts for the 1st time regarding audio doctor?  I have no experience with him but have read many his loooooong posts. Actually I only read 1/2 way thru as they are a bit winded IMHO.