A/V power conditioner under $200

Looking for surge protection and potential picture improvement (although my Panasonic plasma looks pretty good already) and need around 8 outlets. I'm considering the Monster HTS 950 or 1000 or the Furman PST 8D but I'm open to suggestions and thought I'd solicit thoughts/recommendations here before pulling the trigger. Thanks for the help.
soix

Showing 2 responses by soix

Thanks for the helpful responses so far. I should add I'm also looking for coax inputs for my cable box and modem, a phone input, and since I'm in an area with a lot of brown outs, power regulation would also be a big plus. So far I've found the APC H10 does all these things, but I would imagine there are others -- maybe not in my price range though.
What are the advantages of a Brickwall or SurgeX over the surge protection offered by the APC H10 or H15? If there's a big protection advantage maybe I could get the best of all worlds by plugging an H10 (since it does most of the things I'm looking for) into a Brickwall or SurgeX product -- would that work or would it put too much of a load on one SurgeX/Brickwall outlet? Of course going this route would increase the overall cost and maybe opens the door to something else that truly does it all, but at least this way I could do it in stages. What do you think?

Thanks again for all the good recommendations.