A to D to SACD to A: A Natural Progression?

Despite having purged my collection of the obvious excess, I still clutter my apartment with hundreds of redbook CDs, most of which I never listen to and even when I do I find it a mediocre and unengaging experience.

For many of my pop recordings and even some jazz, there are one or two tracks only that I wish to keep and the rest I truly never listen to.

Which makes me wonder: as much as it might make me roll over in my audiophile grave, would it make sense just to copy 2-300 CDs to a hard drive and then put them in storage or chuck them? What is the best way to do this?

Then, having blissfully cleared my living and listening space from this cluttered, mediocre medium, the only jewel boxes remaining would be SACDs for my trusty SCD-1 after which I could allocate the rest of my space, budget, time, shelves and audiophile obsession to a super high end analogue rig.

Does this make sense? Has anyone else evolved in this direction? Maybe its just me, but I still rarely get a kick out of redbook. And in the mean time, my shelves are a mess.

Thanks for your thoughts.
cwlondon

Showing 1 response by reb1208

Perhaps you should purchase a better cd player that is more involving than your Sony.