A Special WAVAC MD 811

Hello All,

I thought to relate an interesting story...some time ago I had hoped to acquire a Wavac MD 811 or 300b amplifier. For a short time there was one for sale on the other side of the country...with an unusual provenance....it was Terry Cains amplifier.....the one he used to "voice" his Cain & Cain speakers. It has taken some time but it finally arrived and with the very tubes Terry used in it.....it has had a small amount of work done-new power caps- and today I hooked her up.....WOW!!!
 Thought this small bit of history might interest fellow followers....listening to Art Pepper as I write this...bliss!
rwanda

Showing 3 responses by charles1dad

You have very fine taste in music  and it must be such a thrill played via your system. Here's a recommendation,  Gerry Mulligan "Night Lights" . It features Jim Hall and Art Farmer, ,I believe that you'll like it.
Charles, 
Hi rwanda,
Congratulations on acquiring the WAVAC amplifier. You're experiencing "Wow" and "bliss" this confirms that you made an excellent choice. Art Pepper, nice! I'm currently listening to pianist Junior Mance. What speakers are your WAVACs driving? 
Charles, 
You are likely already aware of them but I'll mention two other stellar alto saxophonists, Sonny Stitt and Frank Morgan. Charlie Parker is an obvious recommendation. 
Charles,