A solid tube photo stage around 1500

Edit: Phono stage (voice to text is biased against analog)

First of all, I know this question has probably been addressed many times on this forum, and I’ve looked and sorted for relevance and date and still really can’t find anything. However, if you know of one posted in the past few years that can answer my question, please put a link and that’ll be the end of that.

I have an LFD LE phono stage right now that is superb, as all LFD components are. However, I have a beautiful line magnetic 518 integrated that is just opulent. And thus, I’m looking for a tube phono stage to feed it. I was thinking of an Allnic 1201, but was too slow on the trigger. Ultimately, my goal is a Herron phono stage, and Keith Herron literally lives right up the road for me. But I don’t have the funds for the Herron at the moment.

So what’s a good tube powered phono stage for around $1,500 to $2,000 that could better the LFD and be a good fit for the line magnetic?

Can I stay local and go with deckware? Maybe Canary? My speakers are spatial M3 Turbo s’s, and my vinyl rig is a VPI HW19 Mark 4 with a Hana ML.
128x128simao

Showing 2 responses by tomic601

You could also consider the best Aesthetix you can get your hands on, tube quality will be essential 
you can’t lose what you aint got. @noromance is correct sideways move unless you can find a Croft single chassis RS and stuff it full of good tubes. A music reference RM-4/Croft RS is the equal of the Herron. i own them , never recommend gear i haven’t heard. The ML is a fantastic cart for the $, oh a yes i have heard the LFD, solid stuff.

have fun , enjoy the music.