a pre-amp around $4000 for my system

My system is
Bel Canto CD 3t transport
Bel Canto DAC 2.5
Bryston 7B-St mono block- amp
Magnaplaner MG 1.6 speaker
My music taste is jazz and classical
I am looking for a pre-amp around $4000 new or used. Have listen to Jeff Rowland Capri, its good at this price range also consider Bal Canto Pre3VB, Audio Research Ls 17.
vic803
Without knowing what you're looking for in a preamp, all I can say is that I am very happy with my McIntosh C220, a tube/SS hybrid full-function preamp. List is ~$4K, used usually under $3K. I did replace the stock tubes with Mullard 12AX7 reissues, for about $80. Smooth, detailed, free of listening fatigue and wonderful soundstage width and hieght. I am thinking the system you listed might benefit from having some glass somewhere in the system, and the preamp is a great place to add it.
Get a TRL Dude and know you won't find a better sounding preamp for up to $20,000. This is a simply fantastic sounding gem that can bring sweet music like you have never heard in a component. Ya, I am a huge fan and owner.
With "very" ss Bryston power amplifier, IMO, the best match would be lush Joule-Electra LA-150 Mk2 or "SE". You can call them direct to ask if they have demo or slightly used unit for your price point. You will be able to see what your Maggies are capable of !!!!!!!!!!