A phenomenal new CD transport-Pro-Ject CD Box RS2 transport

I have had in-house for the last week Pro-Ject's new CD Box RS2 transport to review for the website Stereo Times. I was very curious to assess its performance because it uses the Pro 8 drive with the Blue Tiger CD-84 servo card. This drive was developed and built by StreamUnlimited a company started by the original Phillips designers that historically built the finest CD mechanisms. Only two other companies use the StreamUnlimited 8 drive and Blue Tiger CD-84 servo card, their pieces cost $16,000 and $39,000 compared to Pro-Ject's sane price of $3,000!

My reference for the last two years has been the excellent Jay's Audio MK-II transport that had out-performed much more expensive highly regarded transports in my system. Well, across every sonic parameter  (transparency/micro-details-overall dynamics/bottom-end extension/purity of tonality- a much more airy sound-stage with wonderful 3D imaging) compared to the Jay's Audio transport.

That's way I titled this thread a "phenomenal new CD transport" because while not inexpensive, it just might be a bargain based on its performance. Mind you, this superlative level of performance is based on using the switching power supply that Pro-Ject ships the transport with. I have shortly coming a custom 20 watt 3 amp linear power supply from Linear Tube Audio and Pro-Ject's own upgraded power supply to see if the RS2 transport performance will even go to a higher qualitative level of performance.

I'll be writing a full detailed review for Stereo Times in the near future. However, I wanted to share this information to GON members who still spin CDs. I have had numerous CD transports in for evaluation and this just might be the best sounding of all of them.

Teajay (Terry London)

amorstereo
hi  Charles , I spoke to another member here on the project oem upgraded dc power cable , and he stated his own build was better then there oem model. I ordered Furutech mini xlr connectors and the 24awg v quad cable form vh audio and I decided to build my own . the power supply from project is built like a brick very heavy. I was lucky that I found a 2 year old unit that was never used at a dealer. he wanted to get rid it at a really discounted price so I bought it, other wise I would have looked at the LTA units. 
@kully560, 
If you have the time please post your opinion of the upgraded DC umbilical cable once installed. 
Charles 
I had LTA also build a power cord to connect the power supply to the Pro-Ject transport and compared it to the up-graded Pro-ject cord. The LTA was not only better constructed, but sounded better then the Pro-Ject on both the LTA and Pro-ject's own up-graded power supply.

@teajay, 
Thanks for sharing that additional information . LTA seems to be producing some really good quality power/accessory items. Seems for upper tier linear power supplies you can't go wrong with them, Mojo Audio or Fidelizer Audio.
Charles