A pair of "warm sounding"6922 tub

Hi:Can you guys recommand a pair of "warm sounding(maybe the warmest)"6922 for Audible Illusions Modulus 3A.I am currently using SIEMENS CCa;happy with everything,but warmth.THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!
jitmingl

Showing 2 responses by mdomnick

I like the Siemens (used CCAs, Falcons), but agree they don't have the warmth of the Telefunkens; I like both, but for different reasons and for different music. I also like the Amprex 7308s, but also feel they aren't as warm as Telefunken. RCA made a great tube, very warm and detailed, but not as detailed as any of the ones I mentioned above, however for the price, I find them a tough tube to beat in my Sonic Frontiers Line 1.
Jax:

Sorry i can't give any more info. I am a bit of a newbie when it comes to tubes. All I know is what I've heard, what I've read and what I like. As far as I know Amprex could be made by pixies in a magical forest, then Amprex slaps their name on it. I do know (or was told) Rouge Audio uses Amprex as a standard in their gear, so it would seem logical to assume someone is still making Amprex tubes. Now that you bring this topic up, the RCA tubes I originally mentioned are produced by another company and labeled RCA; don't recall the parent company.

www.audioasylum.com is a good source of info. I hate navigating their site, but can always learn a thing or two there.

Does anyone find Russian tubes to be 'good' sounding tubes? I bought a pair of Russian Military Spec tubes and felt robbed although I only spent $20. Horrible in every aspect.

Follow up: I got curious and went looking for info and found this site; http://www.pentalaboratories.com/teslovak.asp
Unfortunately I think I am more confused...this one company manufactured it all according to what I read.