A Couple Little Things I'm Wondering About

Two quick questions for anyone with any experience with either topic.

1. Why do some folks with usually higher end systems use those cable lifters to keep the cable elevated? What are they intended to do? If you use them, what do they do for you please? And if you know do they make sense from a purely technical standpoint? 

2. I bought a bunch of those gold plated caps to cover all the unused RCA jacks on the back of my AVR. I believe they are intended to keep noise down. If you use these, please comment on them. Do you think they do what they're supposed to do, and/or do they make sense from a purely technical standpoint?

Thanks!
jcolespeedway
"Gone to the dogs in the last 2 years."

Hmmm, that is about the time I joined. Woof, woof.
I've never seen a 12mm electron, and am happy as f 'bout it...(refered to in an early post...)

Going through a 12ga cable would be like watching a python being force-fed billiard balls in a terrifying rate of speed...👀!

Feedback?  Don't Even think about it....

"Nice doggie, nice doggie...Now, I'm not a tree, don't....!#&*!"

I met a dog recently that the owner taught it to Smile...Really.  A bit strange, but you could actually tell if it liked you.....*S with big teeth*L*
"AG going dogged as a result of democracy being fed to a shredder?  Snooze at 11..."

Grins just keep gettin' harder to define....
AG just censored my word a—. As in 'kick a—' amplifier.
Clean it up, Katzenjammers!
cable lifters: snake oil

RCA shorting plugs: will protect against noise interference that may possibly occur at the unused rca terminals.  Shorting them guarantees no signal, noise or otherwise will feed into your device.