A Beginner's Guide to Audiophile

Hello I like quality sound My problem is that I relatively start with all the concepts related to sound in headphones so I would be happy if you could refer me to a website or guide that explains in detail all the important concepts in sound for example:
1. What is meant by warm / neutral / bass / bright sound and the like ...
2. What is meant by low / middle / high channels ...
3. What is the difference between the different types of parameters by which you choose headphones such as driver type / material / etc ...
I would love a guide that includes audio files that I can listen to the differences between the sounds ...
Thank you.

תשובההעברה

katzkov

Understanding such concepts can be useful, especially for those of us without a high end shop nearby to try equipment. Many of us must rely on reviews and recommendations to chart a path forward. Understanding the rationale others use to describe what they’re hearing seems fundamental. 

Is there an Audiophile for dummies book out yet? That would be a fun and educational way to start.

I'm sending you to the conservatory - listen and remember well how real acoustic instruments and the general atmosphere sound (you can write down impressions on paper) ... and then visit the store with headphones - turn it on and compare ...

only your ears will give an answer - what to buy and what not

"Audiophile" is not a term that denotes any particular level of knowledge or any particular level of knowledge about this hobby. There really are no standards for many of the terms that you refer to -i.e warm for example is a term that refers to a quality of audio presentation that is more relaxed and mellow as compared to "in your face", blaring, etc. The real key to being an audiophile is finding audio components that produce the sounds that please you. You will never get official recognition that you have become an "audiophile" -it is something we self appoint ourselves as becoming an "audiophile" and what the various musical qualities you name above actually mean or refer to is somewhat subject to each one in this hobby.

Find equipment that you like and enjoy, be prepared to repeatedly spend more that you normally would like to spend to improve your system and the sound you enjoy and you have then become and "AUDIOPHILE" - welcome!