A $2,500 system - what do you think?

So I've been all over the place, and gotten lots of advice on this and other boards. and here is where I am leaning right now:

(1) Audio Note AZ - 2 speaker -- $1,100
(2) Jolida JD 102B - $550 regular or $750 for the factory upgrade
(3) Music Hall 25.2 cd player -- $550.

I want something pretty warm -- My cds are mostly jazz (w & w/o female vocals) and acoustic instrumentals -- that soundstage really well (would the joilida modification help on that?).

I started listening to solid-states, but fell in love with the Jolida at my local dealer. Really sweet sound, and seemed to power the Audio Notes as long as they were set up against the wall. Otherwise the bass was very, very weak.

This is going in the first floor living room of our new house! 12 ft by 17 feet - hard wood floors.

What do all the experts think? Will the MH (bright) be balanced by the tube amp? Anyone else have experience with Audio Note speakers?

Thanks!!!!

Marty
martyw

Showing 2 responses by jdoris

Following on the Underwood suggestion, I expect Walter, a very smart and nice man, could get you speakers into the mix too, and offer you an appealing package deal. For example, he often has Quads at your pricepoint. You'd enjoy giving him a call, I expect. John
Martyw: No direct experience with the 22Ls, though it would not surprise me if they liked to breathe, as that's true of a lot of speakers. (Have also heard some people like the less expensive 21s better, I think.) I also have a small room, and need to go close to the rear wall. As I've said on a couple of other threads, I decided on the North Creek Eskas for this reason, since they are designed for a foot and in. I enjoy mine (9 inches out), and though you're looking to spend less, NC has other models (the Okras) for the same application for considerably cheaper. NC sells mostly kits, but if you have the boxes built it is a straightforward DIY project, and will likely save you considerable money over new speakers of similar quality. Well worth giving George Short of NC a call (http://www.northcreekmusic.com/) John