845 Dilema

I've been very happy using Shuguang 845B tubes in my deHavilland Aries 845G amps.
But like 99% of us I read great things about the newer 845's
and get to wondering if I should try something new.
Namly Elrog,Psvane WE 845 or Sofia 845 MK3
I know that many have listened to or own the above mentioned but has anyone actually had a shoot out with these tubes.
I would like to hear your thoughts and the amp(s) that were used.
Many Thanks
goldeneraguy
I am running a pair of the Cary 845AE and I did have the Shuguang 845B tubes in them & they were better then what the amps came with. I recently replaced them with the Shuguang Nature Series 845 which I purchased on Ebay and they surprised me how good they are and they are much more detailed then the 845B's.Each amp uses two 845 tubes so tube rolling can be expensive & I did not try the other tubes you mentioned even though I would have liked to.
Thank you for your post.
I thought that some 845 user's may have made comparision's
with these tubes but I guess not.
Enjoy your music
G'guy. I run Audion Black Shadow SETs w/Shugang 845Bs as standard. Perfectly fine, but I'll be trialling KR845s in the near future, and keep you posted on the results.
The advance buzz is that they may be a little leaner with less upper bass/lower mid euphonic warmth, better top to bottom eveness and greater speed/dynamics.
At c$1500+/pair, they better perform!
Spirit,Are you sure your Audion amps can function properly with KR tubes.I believe the Shuguang 845B has a filament plate current of 3.25 and the KR are much less.
At least this is what I have read.Therefore the KR 845 was not added to my inquiry as my amp needs a RCA speced tube
In any event please let me know your thoughts.
Your Aries 845's are really special amplifiers. Not sure that someone with other 845's would even be able to tell you how new and different tubes would sound in your mono blocks. I did have a customer who had the deHavilland IOS and had his tubes Cryogenically treated and really though that made a pretty big and good difference.
Sounds Real,
I'm in total agreement.The Aries 845's are really special.
They have served me well and in addition you get Kara whom is always available for questions and suggestions.
Before taking the plunge on $1500 Elrog or other $800 a pair tubes I thought at least one member would have made a comparison but evidently not.