$800 to spend on speakers, $1500 on whole system

I am new to community and am seeking advice on my first good sound system. I am looking to spend $500-800 on a used set of two speakers for my living room, which is not very large. I cannot decide between bookshelf speakers or a floor speaker. I will be listening mostly to digital music, and I could use recommendations on a DAC and receiver. I would like the receiver to be bluetooth if high quality receivers come with this feature, but that's not a deal breaker for me.

My Ideal system would have two speakers at $500-800 and with receiver, DAC, cables, and anything else I would need totaling around $1200, but $1500 maximum. I figured I would start with speakers and go from there.

I like to listen to most music, except rap. Heavy metal, funk, jazz. Any advice is much appreciated. Thanks

pawadalla

Showing 5 responses by chrshanl37

The peachtree gear sounds pretty good I had the original Nova and liked it better than some other entry level integrateds. Having the on board dac is a nice feature as well. If I were going to build a system in that price range I would look into a used Nova pre and pair it with some active monitors from Adam.

How do the dacs in the nova pre and the nova 65 se differ in their ability to handle higher sample rates? They are both asynchronous usb dacs.  

ccolby I agree which is why I suggested the adams. I thought the Nova Pre had balanced out my mistake. 

I think the triangle speakers for sale on here would sound great with Peachtree gear. Two pair for sale on here in your budget. I just heard some floorstanders at a friends house and they are killer for the money. Very easy to drive which is a huge plus.