70’s rock pressings. Witch equipment deserve?

I have 3.000 LP, most of it 70’s prog rock. Some of them are “audiophile” pressings (Classic Records... etc). But just a few.

Is it worth it a expensive capsule/phonopreamp for that kind of recordings? 

I know that classical music, or jazz masterings were masterworks in their times, and deserves the best capsule/preamp you can buy.

But I dont’t know if Genesis, PF, King Crimson, Magma... 70’s pressings would get much better with a super capsule or it’s better to invest in other parts of the chain to achieve the best sound.

Thanks! Be safe!
ramon74
As with any other genre it pays it have the original pressing; rock is no different!
The originals of King Crimson, Yes, Jimi Hendricks, Crosby Stills Nash; too many to mention, but yes, it pays to have good playback. There are some awesome recordings out there!!
Thank you guys, you helped me a lot.
1.- buy yourself a nice vintage MM cartridge from the same era with Line Contact type stylus (avoid spherical/conical or elliptical). 

2.-All of the prog bands had many great recordings on Island, TFCL, Deram, Chrysalis, Manticore, Virgin, Harvest....

3.-Regadring turntables you can always buy brand new Technics Direct Drive like SL1200GR for example. 

4.-The price doesn't dictate what your ears will like.
5.- Be careful with the new MFSL, Direct to Disc... new pressings!
6.- Technics DD + SME V arm can suck the life of any deck.
You're great! be safe!
@Baylinor 

I’m about to take the plunge to LP’s too

I’m interested in the Puffin comment ?

Is the Puffin is as good as the Moon phono pre ?
Why don’t you play them all on the Lyra  set up?

sorry for all the questions ?   I’ve been temped by the Puffin , but all the anolog guys say to stay 100% analog if you’re going lp 

jeff

I have found that a second amp and preamp, of the same model as the main ones,  to drive the subs allows these old records to sound much batter than any device that costs much more than necessary for even a tiny improvement.
@ramon74

Technics are great turntables. Their tonearms are not nearly as good as the turntable is! The same goes for their platter pads.
1.- buy yourself a nice vintage MM cartridge from the same era with Line Contact type stylus (avoid spherical/conical or elliptical). 
I would regard this statement as entirely false! The cutting stylus used on any stereo LP is the same today as it was in 1958. Newer stylus used in brand-new cartridges work just fine if they are set up right. Vintage cartridges OTOH are risky and lower performance (cartridges have made improvements in the last 50 years...); but in particular they will need a new stylus to work properly!